Thursday, March 8, 2012

Up and down and all around

That sums up my week.....sadly it isn't over yet!  I've had moments of extreme happiness, moments of panic, moments of sadness, and moment where I felt like I am going in circles and an unsure of which way is up! 

The oldest boy I keep has been in a mood for most of the week. Lots of screaming tantrums and fighting. I've tried everything I can think of to keep his mind busy but it hasn't worked out. Today I left Ang with them and ran to the store for about 15 minutes. I found some really neat scavenger hunt books and craft supplies. That kept him busy for about the 10 minutes it took to read the book and then he started screaming because it didn't have stickers! UGH..Don't get me wrong, I adore this little boy, I only wish I knew how to keep him from the tantrums ---- any ideas?

Finally got him to take a nap. He hasn't napped much at all this week and every time he didn't nap he'd wake his brother and keep him from napping. This is the quietest the house has been all week! 

I've had a reflective week in between the tantrums ;)

 I've been talking more and so when I met what appears to be a friend, I talked so long that my throat swelled and was sore for almost two days! Ha! I guess I was making up for lost time...Talking and thinking about yesterdays have really brought to light all that God has brought me through! I really can't complain. (A) I'm here (B) I still have my beautiful daughter with me (C) nothing else really matters. The pain and frustrating set backs are just part of the recovery. I still believe that I will recover. I won't be the same as I was because I'll be much stronger, but I will recover most if not all that's been lost. 

I don't know why, I just believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment