Wednesday, March 7, 2012

She made her bed!!!!!

I know, it may not seem like much but believe me, it's a HUGE deal! My near 13 year old who's daddy literally turned her entire world upside down in an instant and even decided he's tired of being a dad too, my precious girl made her bed today without being asked. 


I ran it by her yesterday, once! I mentioned to her how I miss seeing the nice, crisp, clean look of a freshly made bed to start the day. I got up this morning, folded my couch blankets and stacked my pillows. I didn't mention her bed at all. We didn't get to bed until sometime after midnight and then had to be at work by 6:45 (amazingly, we got out of the house on time for maybe the first time---ever!) I did the quick run through to make sure everything but the fridge is unplugged so the electricity bill stays at below $3 a day and the house doesn't burn to the ground,  and low and behold to my great surprise and true thrill, 
there in the center of her room sat a freshly made bed. 


I kept going on and on about how proud I am of her. It means so much.  It means normal. It means routine. It means happy. It means responsible. It means progress! 


Or it could be a fluke.......either way I am so happy that she made her bed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment