Monday, February 20, 2012

A Rough Weekend

So tomorrow is the appointment with the divorce lawyer, and the emotions are really getting to me now! The whole weekend was just, cold and sad. 

Bunny wasn't feeling well. She stayed in the bed all day Saturday. I discovered that we have a third room that is capable of holding heat, however, running the heater throws the breaker and apparently uses up too much electricity because on Sunday morning I received a text that the balance is low - on a Sunday, before a holiday - not much that can be done about that.

A new journey began. It's in the early stages and I can tell its going to be a tough one to write. I'm still wondering if I should put forth more effort into promoting my first book. Now that the negativity has been silenced, I'm seriously considering going back to writing school and giving my dream another shot. Being a nanny pays some of the bills, but I'm not sure owning a child development center is close to my heart anymore. My true passion is writing. 

I always had that dream of living beside the ocean with that writing room up on the top floor in the sun room.....Anyway, just before the person who I am currently referring to as only "the jerk", decided to wreck our lives, we were counting down the days until we moved by the ocean and lived " happily ever after "....I still intend to make it there one day, and I still want to write words that encourage and inspire - however, right now, my heart is bleeding once again and I can't seem to find an end to the hard times in sight. 


So it's been a rough weekend. I literally had to listen to the music just to find the strength to get out of the bed! I thought about how the music has always inspired and encouraged me to keep moving forward and not to stop. Then I put together a wall of inspirational quotes from the songs I like best from Newsboys, RED, and Peter Furler, to remind me not to give up......though the thought has crossed my mind a time or three : /

2 comments:

  1. I've never been divorced so I can't say I know how you feel. But I can say I know what it is like to have my world shaken to the core and turned upside down and backwards.

    I had to remind myself daily that everything was going to be okay. What got me thru was writing. It's the one thing that gave me the emotional releases in order to make it thru the day.

    Don't ever give up on your dreams. They are yours and yours alone and no one can take them away from you. Best of all, you're going to be surprised how they will happen for you.

    You're going to make it thru this. I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, things are really much better today! I'll try to put it into words as soon as I can.

      Delete