Thursday, February 16, 2012

One Day at a Time

It's near impossible to plan anything in advance these days. Each day
brings its own challenges, be it a broken door, weak breaker, health issue, or disciplinary issue. It's tough to make plans so my new motto is "one day at a time". I kept this motto when I was learning to walk and talk again and, well it obviously worked to some extent, so here we go again. 

So for today, I'm still in a lot of pain from a health issue but I know what caused it and I'm trying to prevent that from happening again. Carelessness with my  health is stupid. I allowed myself to get distracted by all the stress and people in my life and forgot about what's important - keeping my body going. 

In the midst of the chaos, something else was, not forgotten but set aside a bit - my spiritual walk with Christ. I started listening to the wrong music, talking to the wrong people, focusing on the wrong thinking and was heading toward depression! Since my mp3 charger is still lost among a box of cords, I pulled out ye old cd player and speaker. We've been listening to a lot of RED and Peter Furler's cd "On Fire". It's strange how music affects me, positively or negatively, music always gets in when nothing else will. 

I haven't cracked the Bible lately, but I am trying to journal my feelings and write when I find time. I know me and I know if I stay plugged into the music that I'll eventually start reading devotions again, as for now, it's a struggle. It seems everything is a struggle lately, but life has never been easy for me and I KNOW I will rise above this, some how, some way.

~One day at a time~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment